Last updated: May 21, 2020
With the issues of health and safety rightly at the forefront of everyone's mind, the wellbeing of our passengers, drivers and employees is Yellow Star Taxis number one priority.
We continue to offer a full service to all passengers and customers for your essential travel needs and delivery services during this period. In line with UK Government advice, we have a clear set of guidelines around managing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and protecting our people, passengers and driver partners, whilst we maintain service continuity.
This policy is continually updated in light of additional measures announced by the government to manage the spread of COVID-19 and with new initiatives by Yellow Star to protect driver partners, passengers and employees.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
At the core of our policy is an adherence to Public Health England (PHE) guidelines - issued by the UK Government and regularly updated.
- While we continue to provide a full service to passengers and our delivery services, we are asking passengers to ensure their journey is essential before booking.
- We are continuously reinforcing PHE precautions to our drivers and employees to help prevent spreading of COVID-19.
- We are asking passengers to follow UK Government and PHE/NHS guidelines and ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 before they book with us, and stating this in the booking flow.
- We have completed a robust health and safety risk assessment within the office and we are facilitating social distancing.
- We are requiring drivers who are exhibiting symptoms associated with the Coronavirus - high temperature or a dry cough - to stay at home until tested.
OUR OWN MEASURES
We understand that people may have concerns about travelling in hackney & private hire vehicles during this time.
We can assure you that as well as following UK Government & PHE advice, we are providing a range of protective equipment for drivers as supplies allow, including protective gloves and protective masks.
We are requesting that were practical that passengers sit in the rear of the cars to maintain the maximum social distancing possible.
Yellow Star Taxis will continue to monitor UK Government & PHE advice closely and stands ready to make necessary changes to help protect our passengers, employees and our drivers.